Adria has started emphasising her phrases when she's excited about something. For example, "It's so so so so so so so so yummy!" Or she come running at top speed and shout, "Julia is being very very very very very naughty!" Yesterday we were at the beach and Adria was just standing there staring down at the water.
I finally walked up to her to tell her not to play in the water and she looked up very seriously and said, "It's very scary." At first I thought she was talking about the giant waves that were rolling in. I realized a minute later though that she was talking about the seagull that was eyeing her. At one point a bird got too close and she came running to me. I told her to tell the bird to go away and it would leave. She was very firm when she said, "GO AWAY BIRD!!" And then proceeded to chase it. The bird ran under a table and then out onto the sand. Adria followed that bird's trail exactly. The bird just led her in a circle. I thought it was pretty cute.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Things that make me smile
Days can get long and repetitive here. Luckily my girls are pretty darn cute. The other day I got some crayons for the bath tub. (They were on sale, still not worth it since they only lasted one bath!) Julia drew a picture of our family.
It was really sweet until she drew me. She looked up at me and then said, "You need happy eyes." She drew on the wall and said, "Those are kind of cranky eyes." She erased them. Then she started muttering as she drew. "Cranky eyes" (erase) "cranky eyes" (erase) "cranky eyes" (erase) "There we go mommy, those are happy eyes."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment