Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ginger houses

Every year my family makes gingerbread houses. I love it! This year we shared the tradition with Julie and TeeJay since we aren't going to make it up to Utah. Julia was really excited, but if I called them gingerbread houses she would say, "No, we're making "ginger houses" because I don't want any bread on my house! Just frosting and candy!" It went down about the way I expected. Julia loved decorating it and Adria just wanted to eat it.
Although, I was quite disappointed in the Honey Maid graham crackers which no longer work because they are more narrow than they used to be. I was left with gaping holes in my roof! I think I'll write them a letter and tell them how their cheapness ruined my gingerbread houses. Christmas killers.
Anyway, here are some pictures of Julia decorating and Adria enjoying a sugar high.
This is the face I got when I asked if she could put some decorations on for me to take a picture. She held that face for a good 3 minutes before taking a bite and then giving me a big smile.Yes, Adria's house lacked the structural integrity needed to withstand a two-year old.
Julia dumped about 1/2 the bottle of blue sprinkles to make her "ice pond."

1 comments:

Sara Beth Mortensen said...

Looks Yummy! Love the updates your girls are getting so big and are just as beautiful as ever!