I just wanted to post an update on my cute little girls.
Julia has been working hard on her dance routines for her recital next month. She loves dancing and I often find her in front of the mirror showing off her moves. She is getting excited to turn 5 and go to Kindergarten. She practices writing her letters, simple math and other things and calls it her "Kindergarten practice."
Adria has been working on potty training...again. I'm hoping that we won't have any major events in the near future so that it sticks this time. She's been spending any free time trying to sneak outside and make mud when I'm not looking. So far she's managed it about once a day. Currently I have mud on my fridge, stairs and toy room floor. That's just from yesterday and today. She is also a super helper with Kara. She loves doing anything I ask to help with the baby. At this moment, she is cuddling with Kara on my bed so that Kara will be happy until nap time. So sweet!
Both girls still love to learn and we spend a lot of time reading books and visiting Barnes and Noble. Currently they are fascinated by outer space. Today Julia told me that for her birthday she wanted the Hubble Telescope. She was crushed when I told her that she couldn't get that. She told me she didn't want a smaller one because she wouldn't be able to take pictures of thing that are "light ears" away. I told her it was light "years" and she was confused by the idea of time measuring distance.
Kara is growing like a weed. I expect her to be rolling any day now. She is so close! She is also getting very skilled at getting things into her mouth. Yesterday she managed to grab a fistful of chocolate frosting and get a taste before I could stop her. Boy was she mad when I took that away! Her favorite thing is her muslin blanket and she sucks on that all the time. I don't love the idea, but if I take it away she screams, or sucks her thumb and I will not have a thumb sucker! She has a cute little habit of "singing" herself to sleep. I don't know what else to call it because it isn't fussing and it isn't cooing or talking. Its so sweet and we love it. She does it without fail whenever she's falling asleep. She's a good sleeper and often sleeps for 11 hours at night.
Ben took the two older girls all day Saturday as a Mother's Day gift to me so that I could get some stuff done at home and enjoy some alone time. They went and saw their first movie in a theater...Rio. Julia was disappointed that they only got to watch one movie. They also went and played at the splash pad for several hours. They had a great time and so did I!









2 comments:
Cute post! I love how you got time alone as a mother's day gift! Truly wonderful. Fun pics!
Oh how I love your girls! They are so grown up and smart. Royce loves his little muslim blanket too such an awesome blanket.
Post a Comment