Monday, May 21, 2012
Paris dreams
I'm not sure when it started. It's been a few months for sure. Julia has started dreaming of visiting Paris. She's always been a romantic at heart, and there's something about Paris that seems to call to the romantics and the dreamers. Last week I finally told her that if she saved enough money one day she could go to Paris. We talked about how long it would take to save that much money, but she wants to try. She's been doing extra chores to earn money for her "Paris bank."
We've read books about Paris and France. She keeps asking me how to say something in French. She's started imagining she's in Paris when she's playing. So when I saw a printable version of Paris, I knew she'd be so excited. I helped her print and cut it out yesterday. She spent hours playing with it after church.
Whether or not she ever does save enough money, or if she still even wants to go to Paris in 10 years, I think it's great to have big dreams and work toward them. What fun is life without something grand to hope for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment