
Ok, so we didn't have room for a full sized pool. We have a little blow up toddler pool, but I hate the hassle of getting it out and filling it and emptying it and cleaning it and putting it away. So, when I discovered that a bucket of luke warm water was enough to keep Julia and Tori busy for 45 minutes straight, I was quite excited! Since that discovery on Thursday, Julia's most common phrase is "mo waddie pesh" (more water please). It must look so funny to people walking past to see her happily splashing away in a bucket, but other than soaking up occasional water splashes from the carpet, it is a no mess activity that costs me no money! Win win!

I also wanted to post a picture of Adria with her cousin Mark. I know none of you will believe me, but he is actually only 2 months old. Isn't he a big kid? And he looks just like his daddy! Adria will be 4 months old on Friday. I can't tell you how quickly the time has gone. She is seriously the happiest baby in the world. And I'm not the only one that says that. Everyone that knows her tells me how amazed they are with her personality. Also, she seems to be more active than Julia. She hates going to sleep if there is anything going on. And she loves her big sister so much. They are so sweet together. Julia brings her toys, and she grabs at them until they are both giggling. So cute! I wanted to take pictures today of them in their matching dresses (provided by Great-Grandma Lund of course) but we didn't make it to the beach so we will have to try again later.
Finally, I neglected to mention in my last post that I was in my first earthquake last Tuesday. We were over at Rachelle's house when I started to feel the floor vibrate. At first I thought it was just a big truck driving past, but then the couch started to vibrate as well and the pictures on the wall started to rattle. That's when I realized it was an earthquake. I grabbed for Julia (I was already holding Adria) so that we could get away from the sliding glass doors, and then there was a big bump and the earthquake was over. If you look on the map, we are just south of Mission Viejo right on the coast. So we weren't very close to the epicenter, but supposedly Southern Cali is like a giant bowl of jello and when it shakes in one place, the whole area feels it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment