Thursday, July 31, 2008

My YouTube junkie....

....and her trusty sidekick! Julia has discovered the wonders of the internet. She LOVES kitties and one day I was desperate to keep her happy while I fed Adria so I googled for some pictures of kitties and she thought that was just the greatest thing she'd ever seen. Endless pictures of cuddly kittens and bunnies and other baby animals, what more could a little girl want? Well, to watch endless movies of them on YouTube. Daddy was the one who came up with this idea. Julia looks at the sidebar (where it shows different videos that match your search criteria) and points to one she thinks looks good and then Ben will click on it for her. They spent several hours doing this over the weekend. It was really funny to hear Julia say, "This!" and then there would be a few seconds of silence and then Ben and Julia would start cracking up at some funny cat or dog or whatever. Occasionally, Julia wouldn't like the one she picked so she'd say, "all done! this!" meaning she was done with the one she was watching and had picked a new one. The really funny part (to me anyway) was when Ben would say, "Just a second, this one is funny!" and she'd say, "no daddy, this!" and since he is, after all, the trusty sidekick, he would comply. So our little genius has already discovered the magic of having someone do the hard part for you.
This is what happens when you get the toddler ready for church before you get the infant ready. Oops. Adria is in that stage where she gets chafed skin under her neck and other fat rolls so I had been putting baby powder on to help it out. Apparently I left it within reach AND open and Julia wanted to try it out. For the sake of the picture, I wish she had been wearing a darker color and sitting on a darker couch because there was powder everywhere! In this picture she is saying "uh oh." No kidding Julia. The best part is that yesterday I found out that baby powder is actually quite dangerous for babies and children!! I don't know why I haven't heard this before, but apparently, only the cornstarch based powder (which isn't as easy to find) is supposed to be used on small children and even then it should be used sparingly and never sprinkled directly onto them! Who knew? According to the doctors quoted in the article, the fine particles in baby powder can stick to the lungs if inhaled and cause asthma-like symptoms. If you want to read the article for yourself, just go to babycenter.com and search for baby powder.

1 comments:

Sara Beth Mortensen said...

Thats funny that she watches youtube I am going to have to try it out on Luke. Oh and thanks for the article on baby powder I am going to look it up.