Monday, September 15, 2008
Choo choo train!
I noticed on my last post that I said Julia was "obsessed" with cars. She has, however, redefined "obsessed" with her newfound love of trains. Oh man, she just can't get enough of them! I put in The Polar Express for her to watch the other day and she has boycotted all other movies. She only wants to read books with trains and she screams "choo choo, choo choo, choo choo!!!" everytime she hears the Amtrack go past our apartment. We took her to Disneyland on Friday just so that she could ride the train. I tried to take pictures, but it was dark and I just couldn't get a good one. We were lucky enough to get to ride up with the engineer.
I know it is not the best picture, but at least you can see Ben and the engineer. I honestly think that Ben had more fun sitting up there than Julia. I guess Disneyland likes to be authentic so the trains are still actual steam engines. The one we rode on was from like 1867 or 1869 with a few updates for safety.
Kind of cool! The engineer was very friendly and answered all of our questions and showed us all the knobs and buttons. It is really hot up there since they have to have a fire going! And Friday was a cold night...I can't imagine how hot that would be on a summer day in August. Once we finally got Julia off the train (we rode around the park twice....) we went to ride the Buzz Lightyear ride. Mostly, I think, because someone in our family likes shooting the aliens. He finally got a higher score than me for the first time. I won't let that happen again! I mean, really I should have won again, but the ride stopped half way through and he was aimed right at a target. So unfair. Back to the point though, I tried to take pictures of Julia but she just wouldn't hold still. This one is just blurred....
But when I tried this one I learned that my 2 year old is faster than my camera.
She was wearing her "leash" and she actually managed to wrap it around my arms as she ran in circles, giggling a lot. I almost fell over, it was like a movie! Ben thought it was really funny. Oh well. I just had Ben hold both of his girls so we could get a decent picture.
I think the people behind us in line were really amused. We draw a lot of attention everywhere we go. I'm pretty sure it's mostly the noise we make, but everyone tells me how beautiful my girls are. Actually, I hear it all the time, all over the place, over and over. I love my girls more than anyone, but it does get a bit old having every other person stop you and say, "You have such beautiful girls." Yes, I know, thanks. Ok, so I got sidetracked again. I guess I am tired. That's what happens when you haven't slept through the night in over 6 months. We also went to Six Flags on Saturday. They added a new little section all for toddlers! Wouldn't you know it, it was Thomas the Tank Engine. Julia thought she had died and gone to heaven. The tragedy is that I left my camera in the car accidentally. She had so much fun. She really just rode the different trains over and over and over. Autume came up with us so we all took a turn watching the kids while the other two adults rode roller coasters. I really enjoyed being at an amusement park with my husband while someone else had our kids AND I wasn't pregnant so I could go on all the best rides!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment