Thursday, January 22, 2009

Being 2

While there isn't a day that goes by without me having a strong urge to pull my hair out, I have to say that there are some really fun things about having a 2 year old. I am currently in a bedtime battle with said 2 year old (she's screaming in her crib because she didn't stay in her big bed), so I thought I would write about all the things that don't make me want to poke myself in the eye. First of all, I love all the things Julia will tell me about every day. Today during her bath she told me she was "making a fadawall" and she was very excited about it. She kept saying it over and over, "Money, I making a fadawall." It took me a minute before I realized she was dumping the water to make a waterfall, not a firewall which was my first guess. Waterfall makes more sense though. Her other cute word today was when she told me that she had the "wakeups" which really meant hiccups. I guess if you get the hiccups while you are sleeping though, it would be like getting the wake ups. It's also so wonderful to have her explain to me why she is saying no to things or what she wants. Her prayers are such a funny part of the day. I really have to try not to laugh because she is so precious when she prays, not to mention so honest. Tonight she told Heavenly Father, "JuJu can not get out, crib is for baby, make Money happy." She also told him that Rachelle was her mommy, but I'm pretty sure she was just looking for a reaction. Also, today Julia and Tori did a little craft with glue and puff balls and sequin things. Julia was so proud of her art. She took it in to Ben and was so excited to tell him about it and then was very careful to set it on the counter and she turned to Adria and say, "No touch Julia's paper Adra. Paper is wet." We will put it on the fridge in the morning. So, despite the tantrums and power struggles and piles of toys on the floor, being 2 is still a fun age to be!

0 comments: