We were at the swimming pool yesterday with some friends. Julia has been talking about mermaids all the time lately so I wasn't too surprised when she became a mermaid in the water. She wanted Adria and I to help her find her "mermaid kingdom" so she could go home. What did surprise me is when it was time to get out of the pool for the mandatory break they make the kids take...Julia refused to walk. She locked her feet together in a "tail" and started using her arms to move along the sidewalk. I think from the looks I was getting some of the moms thought I had a handicapped child that I was ignoring. I told her that she couldn't drag her body along the concrete and Adria looked at me and said, "Mermaids swim, not walk." Thanks Adria. So I had to carry Julia the rest of the afternoon if I wanted her out of the water. I thought it was pretty funny.
Also, Adria decided she didn't want to be a mermaid and I said, "That's ok, you're my cute little fish." She looked up and said, "Meow, meow, meow." I said, "Fish don't meow, honey." And she said, "I'm a catfish." I laughed pretty hard.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment