Most of the time around home I go by Mommy, or just plain Mom. Adria went through a phase a few weeks ago where she called me Mother all the time. That was hilarious. TodayI realized I also have a super hero name....at least, it sounded like one the way Julia said it.
To start at the beginning, Adria sleeps with 3 or 4 blankets at the foot of her bed every night. I didn't realize that these were important to her on a deep emotional level until last week when I tried to take them out. You see, they are my best baby blankets and I wanted to wash them in anticipation of using them for Kara. After Adria had a good scream about it, Ben suggested that we get new ones for Kara.
Unfortunately, these ones were made by my Grandmother and not bought. So, I dragged my loving husband to the fabric store and made him follow me around to help me pick some cute stuff. He loved it, I promise. I was working on the blankets at night, but wanted to finish up today so I was working on them this afternoon.
Julia walked in and watched for a minute then asked, "Are you making a blanket for Kara?"
Me: "Yes, do you want to watch?"
Julia: "Okay."
She sat down at the table and watched for a minute quietly, then said, "Blankie Maker? Can I help you?"
Me (trying sooo hard to keep a straight face): "Sure, you can take out the pins."
Julia: "Blankie Maker?"
Me: "Yes dear?"
Julia: "Why does Heavenly Father send some children to Blankie Makers?"
Me: "I guess so that they can have blankies."
Julia: "I like blankies."
For the rest of the afternoon she continued to call me "Blankie Maker" and it was so adorable. It made my whole week to hear, "Blankie Maker? Can I have some yogurt?" or "Blankie Maker? Can I take a bath with Adria?"



1 comments:
I'm sure you are the best blankie maker ever! You will be so happy one day to have written this sweet story down. Julia is such a great big sis. I love looking into your family life a little bit through your blog. I hope you are feeling good with #3 on the way! That must be exciting. I miss you and wish you all the best in your adventures to come ;-)
Post a Comment