We had a great Easter this year. It fell on Adria's birthday which was one of those tender mercies from the Lord. Her first birthday away from this life was also the day we celebrated Christ's victory over death. We still had some tears, especially me, but we really do believe that Adria is where she's supposed to be and that we will see her again someday.
Well, first the fun stuff. The day before Julia had an Easter party at her school.
Julia was excited to see the Easter Bunny...
But Kara was pretty sure that bunny wanted to eat her. I kinda agree with Kara.
Julia got her face painted.
And made a craft.
Kara just wanted the candy.
This is Julia's good friend Sofia. She's so sweet.
Then we went home and made Easter cookies. Yum!
Then it was bedtime. Yawn. But we stayed up late playing with the new dog so Julia actually didn't get to bed until after 10:30 which is super late for her. Then the Easter Bunny had to wait for her to fall deep asleep so as to trap her in her room. The Easter Bunny was really tired the next day. But Julia was so excited!
And she loved finding the Easter Bunny's footprints all around the house. Silly bunny stepped in watercolors.
The girls hunted eggs. Kara didn't care at all about what was in the eggs. She just wanted to get to them first. Julia wanted to open each one before finding the next. I love my girls with their unique personalities.
Here they are in their matching dresses (that ripped before we got out the door. So dumb, but at least they were returnable. Yay Costco!)
Julia discovered that they were fun to twirl in so the girls spun around for a while. So cute!
That night we had a little birthday party for Adria. We wanted to do something simple that would remind the girls to be good so we can all be together again someday.
My parents got us a big, beautiful frame with custom matting so we can always have a picture of Adria next to our current family photo. I'm so excited to put it up!
And my mom ordered this mug for Julia.
It says "Adria and Julia - Best Friends Forever!" When Julia opened it she gasped and said, "It shows all the things we did." Dang, I'm crying again. Honestly, it was really hard for me to see those pretty gifts all wrapped and sitting there. Adria would have been so excited for her birthday. She really wanted to turn 4. We really miss her. I have this wall that I walk by a million times a day. We covered it with pictures of Adria with all of us. I love it.



1 comments:
What a wonderful Easter for you to always remember. I love that you got to celebrate her birthday with your girls and help them remember everything they love about her.
Post a Comment