Just kidding.
Julia's new best friend. She's adorable, right?
Too bad I haven't gotten a good picture yet. I'll do that later...
We got Janey the day before Easter. She's a rescue. They think she's about 2 years old (so fully grown) and she's a greyhound/pit mix. She has some small health issues we're working on, but other than that she's been perfect. For a dog, I mean. She did chew up one of Julia's boots, but I kind of feel like that's our fault for leaving a nice, rubber boot lying around. It's like blaming the one year old for eating the cake you left out. (Or the 33 year old)
But I'm getting ahead of myself.
Janey has only barked once or twice and that was in fun at the park. At home, she's mellow, quiet and clean. Like I said, perfect. She does love to lick people. Especially Kara. Luckily Kara loves the attention. In fact, yesterday Ben and I were playing with Janey and Kara got really upset with us and pulled Janey away to come lick her face some more. Personally, I'm not cool with having my face licked, but Kara loves it. Ewww.
The truth is, we got the dog for Julia. She's been lonely and quiet lately which is not her usual personality. Janey has been great for Julia. And so far (fingers crossed) Julia has been extremely responsible with Janey. 12 days and Julia is still happy to pick up poop. Yay! (Okay, by happy I mean she does it without a single complaint because she loves having a dog). Julia walks her, brushes her, cuddles with her and plays with her all the time. Yesterday I let Janey come with us to get Julia from school and you wouldda thought Julia had won the lottery. So far we are really glad we got this dog.
Now if I can just get Kara to stop feeding the dog her dinner every time I turn my back...



1 comments:
Oh my gosh you got a dog! How fun! I can't believe little Kara is already coloring, what a big girl!
Post a Comment