Monday, November 17, 2008

The world from Julia's perspective

I love that Julia is talking. The day may come when I don't want to hear it any more, but I love hearing her little voice. She calls me "monney" and Adria is "Adra". Daddy is the only she says perfectly. Those are my favorite three words to hear her say. The last couple of weeks she has been fixated on doing everything that Ben does. I let her play with one of his old ties the other day. She put it on and told me, "time for work, love you monney" and then she walked to the front door and said, "help monney, its stuck." What a cutie. Then I told her that work was too far so she walked back into the living room, put down the tie and picked up her purse and said "going to Tori's, see ya." Unfortunately for her, the door was still stuck. There is something every day that I should be writting down. Ever since we got back from Utah, she has been pouting about losing her fan club. If I tell her no about another cup of juice or going to the park, she says "want to go to gamma's." She also takes her pretend phone to bed with her pretty often so that she can call Nate or Grandma or Heather or Josh or anyone else who will be more sympathetic than her mean mommy that put her in bed. This morning I went into the kitchen to do dishes (Julia is not a morning person and usually doesn't want breakfast for an hour or so after she wakes up). She came in and asked, "what doing monney?" and I told her dishes. Her response was, "no dishes. make eggs JuJu." Yes, ma'am! Another very sweet thing is that she brings one (or three) of her dolls every where we go. Anything I do with Adria, she does with her doll. The dolls get fed, changed and put to bed regularly. She sings the dolls to sleep with "twinkle twinkle twinkle" or "baa baa baa baa." She knows the words to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep" but for some reason will only sing them when I sing them too. Her independant streak is quite strong, and some days I think I'll go crazy if she tells me "no monney, no!" one more time, but I love that munchkin.

0 comments: