Sunday, March 1, 2009

Julia's first prayer

Last night Julia said a prayer all by herself for the first time, no help at all! I wasn't prepared for how much it would touch me to hear her pray on her own. We have spent a lot of time lately trying to help her understand that we aren't just saying words, but we are actually talking to Heavenly Father. The other night when we were talking about Heavenly Father, Julia surprised me by saying, "He is in Heaven, waiting for me." One of her favorite songs is "I Lived In Heaven" and the end of the song says, "Giving us hope for a wonderful life yet to be, home in Heaven where Father is waiting for me." Its rewarding as a mother to realize that your child is listening to the things you are teaching. So, I wrote down her first prayer so that we could remember it. She said, "Heavenly Father, thankful go store, thankful Tori, thankful Mommy, Adria, Julia, Daddy, bless his work. Say these things..." Thank you Julia for bringing sweetness and love into our home.

1 comments:

Rachelle said...

Very, very sweet. Kids are the best!