Friday, March 27, 2009

No more cooked corn for you!

My girls drive me crazy with their eating habits sometimes, but they usually are healthy eaters. Both of them especially love corn, they will always eat it...at least they did until yesterday. It was really weird, neither of them ate very much of the lunch I cooked. I finally gave up and let them get down to play. I was working on the computer on the couch when I realized they had both been in the kitchen playing quietly (which was the reason for my concern) for more than 5 minutes. I started to get up when Adria came walking out of the kitchen holding the can of corn I had opened for lunch. There had still been about 1/2 of the corn left. I guess Julia got it down from the counter and they shared it nicely for a little while until Adria decided she wanted it all and then grabbed the corn and made a break for it. I was going to take it away from her, but then I decided it was just as healthy uncooked as it was cooked so I checked to make sure there weren't any sharp edges and then just let Adria finish eating it. She thought she was pretty cool. She did make a bit of a mess, but surprisingly she helped me clean it all up. I had to take some pictures though, it was just so cute! I'm thinking that in the future, I'm going to skip the dishes and the time to cook the food and just feed my family straight from the cans. Sounds yummy! :) You may not be able to tell in the pictures, but Adria stored up a whole pile in the top of her shirt that I didn't find until about 2 hours later when I was getting her ready for her nap.

0 comments: