Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another First

Today was the first time that one of my kids got stung by a bee! Have I ever mentioned that I hate bees? I took Julia and Adria to the park after their naps and Adria crawled over a bee. The stupid thing was already dead so I didn't even get the satisfaction of killing the monster that hurt my baby. Adria has got such a high threshold for pain. She kind of whimpered, but no tears...none. I wouldn't have even known she had been stung if there hadn't been a bee hanging from her shin. I'm allergic to bees and so are most of my family. Ben doesn't know if he's allergic because he doesn't think he's ever been stung. So, I was worried that Adria might be allergic too. Even though we had only been at the park for 5 minutes, I made the girls leave and run to Wal-Mart with me. I grabbed some Benadryl and gave it to Adria like she was dying. Julia was just mad that she didn't get any. She keep kicking the cart and telling me she needed medicine for her owie leg. Anyway, Adria seems to be just fine so I guess I won't rush her to the ER next time she gets stung.

0 comments: