Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Finger painting

For those of you who don't know, Julia is a very creative little girl. She loves painting, drawing and gluing and any other artisitc activity I can come up with. She will sit with her watercolors for over an hour. So, last night at Target I found some $1 finger paints! I knew it would be messy, but I also knew that she would just love it. I took these pictures, but then she realized she could fit her whole hand into the jar and scoop out the paint. After that I was just trying to keep it off the carpet and out of her hair. I got the end result on video, but I forgot to take a picture. She was covered past her elbows with paint. She used pretty much all the paint. I think this was her favorite craft so far. Here are some of her more colorful paintings. I want to frame them for her and put them in her room.

2 comments:

Sara Beth Mortensen said...

What fun, I hope you guys are doing well. I haven't done a very good job of keeping in touch. Were coming out at the end of June so we will have to hang out.
Take Care we miss you guys

Tracie said...

I've seen in a magazine where a mom made a hallway of the kids artwork, and rotated out with new artwork as they came. I thought it was a super cute idea, and plan on doing it as soon as our walls are painted. (so like, in a year!) haha