Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The most wonderful time of the year!

Yay for Christmas time! I know, all you Thanksgiving lovers out there are holding out until Friday, but I just can't wait. I love everything about this season (except the lines at Target!). In fact, if you were to ask my husband what my most prized posession is, he would tell you it's my Christmas decorations. I actually started decorating my house last Monday, but we just got our tree last night. The tree is my very favorite thing in the whole world. I love how my house smells, the lights sparkle, the star shines and the whole house seems more complete when our tree is up. Last night at the tree lot Ben said to Julia, "Can you smell the yummy smell? That is pine." This morning I overheard Julia say to Adria, "Do you love the smell? It smells like pie!" Pie, pine, sugar cookies...I love it all!
As we were walking around the tree lot wondering why there were no employees out there (what's up Home Depot?) Ben explained to Julia that the fun part of getting a new tree each year is that we get to hunt for the perfect tree. She looked around for a while and then pointed to one and said, "There Daddy! That's the most perfect tree in the whole world!" Ben held it up and we spun it around and could see it was in fact a very nice tree with no holes or weird angles and since Julia had her mind made up, we got the most perfect tree in the whole world. As was the case last year, all the string on the ground was Adria's favorite part of the tree lot. She even tried to help tie the tree on to the car which is one of my favorite pictures of the whole night.
We continued our tradition of letting the girls buy a new ornament for the tree. They were as excited about the ones from last year as they were about the new ones. This year, Julia got Strawberry Shortcake
Adria picked Mr. Potato Head. So fitting of their personalities.
Hot chocolate face!
So excited about the tree
Christmas trees don't seem to photograph well, but here is the finished product. I really love how our tree looks this year. It feels like the most Christmas-y tree ever!
One last picture
The girls wanted to hang up a stocking for their baby sister. Ben and I both noticed that somehow with Kara's stocking up there, our family feels so much bigger. I love it!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

This is too cute! I love your tradition of letting them pick an ornament! We'll have to start that this year! Now all your missing is the snow, right? Now I can't wait until Friday. :)

Rachelle said...

Wonderful post! I can really feel of your love and exuberance for the Christmas season through it. Your tree really IS beautiful!

Jessica Pedersen said...

So cute! I love hearing about your girls. It makes me feel better about not seeing them all the time! I decorating on Wednesday too!