Our baby girl was born at 1:16am on January 29th. She broke the hospital record for the biggest baby (they've only been open since November) at 9 lbs 13 oz. and 21 3/4 inches.
If you don't like labor stories, you don't have to read this :)
I was hoping that after having the most difficult pregnancy, she would give me the easiest labor. Unfortunately it was the opposite.
I knew something wasn't right when I started having back labor. We got to the hospital at 10:30am on Friday. I was sure that I would have a baby by evening. I guess I should never make plans! Our concern grew when I wasn't dialating very quickly, even with the help of pitocin. It was 11:55pm when the nurse finally told me I was ready to push. I tried, I really did. I tried harder than I did with my first two, but I knew Kara was stuck. I told the doctor that she wasn't moving. We were blessed to have a great doctor. She was very patient and calm (we did not have that with Julia's doctor!) and that helped me to stay calm too. Ben was amazing, just like he was the others. I don't know what I would do without him.
Pushing hurt so bad! My back is still so incredibly sore. Every time I would have a contraction I could feel that baby's head was stuck on my pelvis and it would push her feet up into my ribs and I couldn't breathe. I knew I would never be able to push her out on my own. We turned to our Heavenly Father and I told Him that I just couldn't do it alone. He blessed us, as He so often does, with a miracle. I threw up. Violently. Over and over. Not what I was expecting, but it was enough. Somehow it moved Kara just enough that I could push her out. She was so bruised and blistered, but she made it. We are so thankful that we didn't need a C-section!
Babies are supposed to be born face down with the back of the head first. Kara was a little too eager to see the world. She came face up with her forehead first. The doctor and nurses were all astounded that I didn't need a C-section. We were told over and over that it shouldn't have worked. I know that Heavenly Father blessed us.
Julia and Adria came first thing Saturday morning to see their new sister. They were so excited! They love Kara so much and want to hold her all day long. I can't believe that I have three kids! I love how Kara just fits right into our family. It feels like we have just put another piece of the puzzle together and it's wonderful! Welcome to our family little Kara. We love you!



3 comments:
I am sorry labor was so rough. You are a trooper,good job! She is very cute and I am glad she made it here safe and sound.
She is just precious. What a cute, cute family you have.
We (Sky and Kim) just had a little miracle baby too. Ask your Grandpa to tell you about her :)
Love to the famiy,
Great -Aunt Linda (the great part makes me feel so old)
I'm glad everything worked out-sounds scary! She is so adorable, even with those yucky bruises!
Post a Comment