Yes, that is Ben aiming a giant snowball at his crippled wife. It wasn't the first one either.
Then we went to Greer. Here we are waiting for the Candy Cane Express to come whisk us away to Santa's workshop.
Getting on the Candy Cane Express.
At the doors of the workshop.
Meeting the elves.
Helping Santa make toys.
Eating cookies with the elves.
Learning what the elves do at the Elf University.
Reading stories with Mrs. Claus
Meeting Santa!!
Our friends had gone through first and very sweetly told Santa about Adria. He talked to Julia about her and told Julia that she was with us at the North Pole. It meant so much to Julia. I, on the other hand, was crying like a baby. Ben was glad we went until it came time to drive back to the cabin. The North Pole weather had followed us back to Greer and we now had a 40 mile drive in the dark through almost 12 inches of snow. Just when we were on the home stretch our GPS failed us. I took us down the wrong street. Unfortunately it was a hill that hadn't been plowed and our poor rear wheel drive Caddie got stuck. Then we got it out. Then we got stuck again. Then we got it out. Then stuck again. The last 5 miles took almost 2 hours. But we made it. The next morning we woke up to find that the snow had continued all night. It was breathtaking!
Luckily for us it had also been plowed so we headed home.
We truly had a magical weekend. We are so glad our friends invited us to join them! Thanks guys!!






2 comments:
That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I wish we lived in AZ so we could go to the North Pole too!
Oh we had so much fun.. sorry I made you cry at the North Pole. love the cute pics
Post a Comment